Safe Driving Tips: Winter Weather
January 15, 2019 |
As we go into our inclement weather season each year, the Turtlecreek Township Fire department would like to remind everyone of some safe driving tips for the winter weather.
- Take your time – Remember when the roads are slick it takes extra time to stop your vehicle.
- Don’t slam on your brakes – When braking in winter weather you will not be able to stop as you normally do. Leave enough room between other vehicles so that you can stop safely.
- 4 wheel drive may not help – 4 wheel drive will help you go in winter weather but it cannot help you on ice.
- ALWAYS LEAVE EXTRA TIME – If winter weather hits remember to leave for your destination early so you don’t have to rush and risk losing control of your vehicle.
- Keep extra blankets, hats, and gloves – Make sure that you have extra layers of clothing in case you do end up getting stuck and have to wait for a tow truck or someone to help.
- CHARGE YOUR CELL PHONE – always make sure you have a charged cell phone in case you get stuck you can keep in touch with help.